Self discipline can be defined as self imposed standards for the sake of a higher goal. Self discipline will ensure that your thoughts are translated to actions during the most difficult times in business. It involves deciding what you want, writing it down, setting a deadline, organizing the lists of things to do to achieve your goal by sequence and priority, taking steps daily in the direction of the goal.
Self discipline means doing what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, whether you like it or not. Successful entrepreneurs are usually self disciplined. You grow and obtain mastery through discipline.
Some benefits of self-discipline to an entrepreneur includes:
- It ensures that the entrepreneur’s thoughts are translated to actions during the most difficult of times.
- It will help entrepreneurs accommodate additional responsibilities.
- It help the entrepreneur build strong character and passion.
- It makes him focused.
Below are some self-discipline tips for every entrepreneur:
- Decide exactly what you want: If you want to increase your income, decide on a specific amount of money, rather than just make more money.
- Write it down: A goal that is not written down is like cigarette smoke, it drifts away and disappears. It is vague and insubstantial. It has no force, effect, or power.
- Set a deadline with specific milestones: Pick a reasonable time period and write down the date when you want to achieve it.
- Make a list of things you need to do to achieve your goal: The biggest goal can be accomplished if you break it down into enough small steps. Schedule your day the night before.
- Organize your list by both sequence and priority: A list organized by sequence requires that you decide what you need to do in what order.
- Take action on your plan immediately: Don’t delay. Move quickly. Procrastination is the thief of time, and it shortens your life. Finish the most difficult tasks early in the day.
- Do something every day that move you in the direction of your major goal: This is the key step that will guarantee your success.
- Avoid distractions: Turn off any distractions like cell phones, email, internet, or social media. Use of internet, computer, your iPhone, iPad, and Laptops are beneficial but don’t waste your time browsing irrelevant materials online.
If every entrepreneur can obey this, they must surely record huge success in business.